Ingredients and Recipe
- Preheat broiler to highest setting
2 Tbs cream (Optional - you could use milk also: almond, regular or soy)
A good grind or two of black pepper
- Beat eggs until well combined with cream/milk and salt and pepper. Set aside.
3 ounces smoked trout (could also use hot-smoked salmon here)
- Cook asparagus in a saucepan of boiling water until crisp-tender. drain, rinse with cold water, set aside.
- Remove skin and any bones from trout, break into small pieces with fingers, or roughly chop.
1 Tbs butter or oil
1/4 yellow onion, sliced
2 green onion, sliced
2-4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
1/3 c grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil over medium heat in non-stick pan - preferably oven safe - and saute onion until soft and translucent
- Add asparagus, trout, and green onion and stir briefly, until all is heated through
- Add eggs and cook gently - using spatula to move cooked egg from bottom of pan, letting uncooked egg flow to bottom.
- When eggs are about halfway cooked, stir in cream cheese cubes, distributing evenly, then continue to stir gently until eggs are just a tiny bit underdone
- Remove pan from heat, sprinkle the frittata evenly with the parmesan, and slide under the broiler, watching carefully, until parmesan browns a bit
- Cut into wedges and serve